Saturday, September 25, 2010

Party Planner

I have been thinking a lot lately about what I want to do with the rest of my life. At this stage in the school year, I don't want to ever teach again and I find myself interested in so many different careers. So maybe I'll blog about all the ideas I have. If you have any suggestions, just jump on in and give me some advice!

Today I want to be a wedding coordinator or party planner. I would love to just consume myself with flower arrangements and cake and photography. Keith and I were picking up a cake at a bakery this morning and I was imagining that I was a wedding planner. It was the morning of the wedding that I was planning and I was picking up a dozen donuts and taking them over as a little surprise for the bride and her friends as they were getting ready. Aren't I just so thoughtful?!

The only problems I can foresee are as follows: weddings and parties are stressful and people get crazy when they're stressed. I don't know that I would want to always deal with stressed-out people. Also, weddings and parties are always on the weekends, so I would always have to work when other people are off. Thus my only friends would be other party planners.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! Oh Holls, you and I are waaaaay too much alike. I am not fond of events for the mere reason that there is stress involved and I also like my weekends.

    ReplyDelete