Sunday, October 3, 2010

Acquisitions editor

Well it's a good thing that I postponed my post about being an editor because I have narrowed down my editorial aspirations. I don't just want to be an editor, I want to be an acquisitions editor. I want to be an editor because all I ever want to do is read books. Imagine reading for a living! The reason I want to work in acquisitions is because you get to read all the new manuscripts and decide which ones to publish. If I do say so myself, I think I have pretty decent taste in books. At this point in my life, I also think it would be fun to work with words, and maybe a few people. One of the things that is wearing on me about teaching is all the people I see all the time. Having 140+ kids marching in and out of my classroom is getting a little rough for my introverted soul.

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the roughing up of the introvertedness...vacation is a long way away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, ya know, I was reading about all your vocational dreams :D I get in the same boat some days. But I have to tell you, if you are a mom, you get to be all these people and more :D I always look at these forms I have to fill out and realize that, instead of the "homemaker" section I'm relinquished too, I seriously could check about ten other things! :D My dream someday though is to go to beauty school, for now I have to satisfy myself with experimenting on any friends that are brave, and my girls :D Beka knows when I'm in the mood, "mom please don't cut my hair, I like it long :D" The chocolatier sounded really interesting, I looked that up once, decided it was WAY too much work! Fun to read, good luck on getting through the rest of the school year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts! So fun to explore other avenues...I know what you mean about being bombarded by the sheer number of people you see in a day. I don't see NEARLY as many as a school teacher and I still feel that way now and then!

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie- I'm a 'free-lance barber' myself and I know exactly what you mean. Next time I come to visit I'll have to let you experiment with my hair. :)

    ReplyDelete