Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another new book

I started another new book this week called Son of Hamas. I found it in the Christian section of the bookstore. It is by Mosab Hassan Yousef. He is the oldest son of one of the founders of Hamas. He was being groomed to be a leader of the group, but then became a Christian and fled to America. I haven't made it very far in the book, but so far it is really interesting. It has a lot of historical background on the root of the problems in the Middle East. It's not exactly a summer novel, but it makes me feel smart.

2 comments:

  1. They were talking about this book a lot at the Christian Writers Conference, citing it as an example of a personal experience story that would sell in comparison to other types of personal stories that will not. I might see if I can get it in the airport next week. Is it well written?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is pretty well written. I was worried about that too, because just the fact that you have a good story doesn't mean that it will be interesting. I'm on about pg. 60 and it's still holding my attention, although it isn't like I can't put it down.

    ReplyDelete