Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

I've noticed a LOT this Easter that people on facebook have been leaving parts of hymns or worship songs as their status updates. I think the reason for this is that the message of Easter is so profound and beautiful that our own words don't seem to do it any justice. AND so many great words have already been written about it. So here is my pick for an Easter song. It is from the song 'In Christ Alone', which is one of my all-time favorites. This is just one of the verses:

There in the ground his body lay,
Light of the World by darkness slain.
Then bursting forth in glorious day,

up from the gave he rose again.
And as he stands in victory,

sin's curse has lost it's grip on me.
For I am his, and he is mine,

bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, these words are perfect! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...PERFECT. In Christ Alone is a beautiful song. Happy Easter to you and Keith! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just wanted to say I love your blog...especially the tea of the week feature and your listing of caffeine content! Very useful and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete