Saturday, May 29, 2010

FREE!!

The absolute best thing about being a teacher is the end of May where everything you've been working on is DONE and there is nothing you are responsible for and nothing you have to do for a good 2 or 3 months. I am now in that stage. I turned in my grades, cleaned my classroom and locked the door for the last time (for this school year) yesterday. I still don't quite feel free. I still feel this awful feeling that there are papers to grade and classes to plan and things to worry about. I think it will finally sink in on Monday or Tuesday when I am still at home and watching daytime TV. For now, only my conscious brain knows that I'm free. Everything else will need to catch up.
So I am now trying to figure out what I will do with myself. I want to buy the Giada cookbook and get going with it. We're thinking about buying a puppy now that I have time to train it and can be home more so it doesn't go too crazy. I found these toy poodle puppies that are just ridiculously cute. I would never consider myself a poodle person, but we'll see. I'm also going to Costa Rica with some students in about a week and a half. Oh, and my apartment is a DISASTER since I have completely neglected it in the last few weeks.
I guess I have plenty to do.

1 comment:

  1. haha. ahhh teachers in the summer :) Matthew gets out next Friday & he is counting down! I hope you do take some time to chillax! And getting a puppy...awww! They are really fun! Frustrating at times, but FUN. Parker is getting to meet Lena this weekend! We will all have to think up a good dog-friendly place to camp or something when you guys get your lil guy/gal.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete