Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Veggie Week- Wednesday

Wednesday's vegetable: zucchini, tomatoes
Cooking method: stir fry
I call this my italian stir fry and it's one of the very few ways that I can get Keith to eat tomatoes. I start with a red onion, cut it in thin strips and stir fry it over a low flame with some olive oil. Then I cut up the zucchini in strips, like so:

I'm obsessed with fresh garlic at the moment, so I got some out for this dish. Check out the size of this garlic clove! I only ended up using maybe a third of it and that was PLENTY!


Anyway, when the onions got soft, I added the garlic and stirred for just a few minutes. Then I added the zucchini and let them stir fry for a little while.

While this was cooking, I started cutting the tomatoes. I use all different kinds of tomatoes, just whatever I have on hand. Today, it was

I cut them into quarters. I also cut up some fresh rosemary. As you can see, today's meal was a 2 knife ordeal.

Then I threw it all together, added some dry italian spices and a little ground pepper.

And this, my friends, turns a boring meal like tortellini..

into this..

No comments:

Post a Comment