Friday, January 8, 2010

Second snow day

So I got a call last night from my school's AlertNow system saying that school was cancelled again for today. It was kind of exciting, but also kind of not. I can handle school now!! Couldn't these snow days wait until the beginning of March when school seems endless and horrible?
But who am I to complain about days off?

AND, I was supposed to stay late today (9 or so) to chaperone some boys' basketball games. I was DREADING it. And guess what? Cancelled! I wonder if they'll reschedule, or if I'll be off the hook altogether.
So, what to do today? I could do some lesson plans (snicker, snicker). But instead, I decided to pull myself together and get out of the house. As I was putting on my socks, I noticed this:
It's just big enough to be able to see my manicure, and just small enough so you can't tell that the manicure is from October.
So I decided to be proactive and darn my sock. We are in a recession, afterall. You can't just go out and buy new socks!
Yes, I darned it on my foot. I decided that this is the reason why we have toenails. Sort of a built-in thimble for your big toe for when you darn your socks.

Done! See how happy my toes are? So darned happy.
This next picture is to make all of you dancers jealous.

My dad told me once that I was not allowed to say 'darn' unless I was talking about socks. I stick to this rule religiously, which is why I tried to use it as much as possible in this post. I think that last use of it was stretching it just a little.

1 comment:

  1. Darn it! Darn that sock, Holls! :)

    Actually I think it's pretty cool that you know how to darn socks. And yes. You have an amazing arch.

    ReplyDelete