Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shhhh

I don't even know if I'm allowed to write about this on this blog. The tea might get jealous. But, I'm making coffee (stage whisper) this morning. Not just any old coffee. This is the gourmet, amazing stuff. I have been looking forward to this coffee for a few weeks now, but the perfect day to make it never presented itself. Today, however, the second snow day in a row, is finally the perfect day. I have time. It's not too late in the day for caffeine. AND I have some chocolate chip banana bread that I made yesterday. So here is the plan:

In the coffee filter:
Cafe Leon, imported by my own hands from Guatemala.
Broken up cinnamon sticks

To sweeten and soften:
milk
dulce de leche (basically, caramel)

I got this idea from the pioneer woman here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/01/dulce-de-leche-coffee/

I wish I had my camera with me, but alas, it's at school and there are mountains and mountains of snow between here and there. Ok, maybe not. Maybe we only got about 4 inches. So you'll just have to imagine. And I will have to go curl up with my new amazing book and drink my amazing coffee and be so thankful that I'm not at school trying to cram the love of Spanish into teenagers' heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment