Sunday, February 28, 2010

Veggie week- Sunday

I am planning on writing a dissertation tomorrow on my new philosophy of life and getting things done. Reflect with me for a minute on the irony of that statement... As you can tell, from this post and others, getting things done has always been a struggle for me. More on this tomorrow.

Anyway, one thing that I have decided to do, in order to both incorporate more vegetables in my diet and post more on my blog, is to have a veggie week on my blog. Here is the idea- each day I have to make one vegetable dish to go along with dinner (quit judging me!) and I am going to post how I made it on my blog. Hopefully this way I will keep myself accountable to both things.

Sunday's vegetable: asparagus
Cooking method: roasting
First, I broke the ends off of the asparagus and rinsed the good end (that's the knobby, pointy one) in a colander. Then, I drizzled the asparagus with olive oil.
I know some people add the olive oil when the asparagus is in the pan. I prefer this way, because then the excess oil can drip off.

Next, I add salt and freshly ground black pepper.Grinding pepper with one hand is not for the faint hearted.

Next, I made a little rectangle out of aluminum foil, which I put on a cookie sheet. I do this because my cookie sheet doesn't have a lip and I don't want juices to run all over my oven. Come to think of it, there actually aren't any juices, so I'm not sure why I do it..

Then, you pop these babies into a 345 degree oven for 10-15 minutes and you're good to go!

My pork has been split down the middle because I am paranoid about raw meat and I have to SEE the middle to believe that it's done.

So this is Veggie week. And I invite you to join me, either by having a veggie week on YOUR blog, or by commenting to each post with your own vegetable adventures. Watch out vegetables! Your days are numbered.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for Asparagus! Hurray for veggies! ("Hurray" seems to be the word of the day.) You reminded me of just how delightful roasted asparagus is...and they are in season!

    ReplyDelete