Sunday, December 13, 2009

Chicken pasta

So here is a new recipe that is so easy and tasty that I make it probably twice a week. It's basically pasta with some kind of meat, some vegetables, and parmesan cheese. I'll write up the chicken version here.
Ingredients:
Pasta
Onion
Garlic
Spinach
Tomatoes
Chicken
Parmesan cheese
Lemon zest

1. Start a pot of water boiling for the pasta. Add salt once it starts boiling.
2. In a skillet, sautee some whole cloves of garlic (maybe cut in half), and a small onion, minced, in some olive oil over low heat.
3. Add 2 cubed chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper, and cook through on medium heat.
4. Remove the garlic chunks.
5. To the skillet, add a bag of spinach and let it wilt down.
6. At this point, add the pasta to the water, if it is ready. Right now I am using no yolk egg pasta to bump up the protein. You could use whatever kind you have handy.
7. Add cut up tomatoes to the chicken and spinach. I like to use grape tomatoes and cut them in halves or quarters. If I only have a big tomato or a roma tomato, I just cut it down to size.
8. Once the tomatoes are hot, add the whole mix to the drained pasta. and mix it together.
9. Add about 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese and mix it in. I also like to add some lemon zest to brighten up the flavor- about 1/4 teaspoon.

*I've also made this pasta with bacon instead of chicken and it is AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment