Thursday, December 10, 2009

NPR

I was listening to NPR today on my way home from work. Michele Norris was interviewing a lady, Toni Morrison, about a book that she compiled, called The Black Book. That part is irrelevant- interesting,yes. Important, yes- but irrelevant to what I'm writing about. As I was listening to them talk, I started to think about how I would love to be on NPR some day. I wondered if it would be unnerving to know that your words would be recorded forever. I wondered if they let you do retakes if you suddenly start to stutter or lose your mind. I wondered if they cut out a ton of stuff that you said and just splice together whatever they wanted to make it sound like you said what they wanted you to say.

Then I started thinking about what I would want to be on NPR for. (Sorry, I never learned real grammar.) I wouldn't want to be on there for something lame, like as a witness to some event. So here are the things that I would want to be on NPR for:
1> Writing a New York Times bestseller.
2> Being named the best Spanish teacher in the country.
3> Winning American Idol.
4> Opening a groundbreaking, award winning, instantly successful chocolate or coffee shop.

Oh man, I have a lot to accomplish before I can be on NPR. I had better go.

No comments:

Post a Comment