Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wrapping paper

One of my favorite things in the whole world is buying wrapping paper. Specifically Christmas wrapping paper. I remember when I was a kid we would go to the papeleria and they would sell wrapping paper by the sheet. Each sheet was usually about the size of a poster board. So you could buy such a big variety. I would always try to pick strategically so that there would be a good mix of colors, patterns and shapes under the tree. You have to have at least one blue paper, everybody knows that.
I am still obssessed with wrapping paper. The minute Christmas stuff comes out- like, October- I immediately run to the wrapping paper section to see what they have. My mom was always against Santa Claus, so even now I avoid wrapping paper that has Santa Claus on it. The pattern that always kills me? Candy cane striped paper, hands down. I also really love the kind of paper that looks like the background is a brown paper bag.
The problem is that I already have a lot of paper. They sell it in such big rolls here, it takes a while to use it up. I already have one of those under-the-bed bins full of just Christmas wrapping supplies. So here is my plan. I (ok, we, in case my husband is reading) need to have a LOT of kids- at least 5- so that I can go buy all the wrapping paper I could ever want and still get through it all so that I could buy more the next year.
Take away tip: If you need a personal shopper for your holiday wrapping needs, I would like to apply for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment